Covid-19 Related Changes and Deadlines3/30/2020
The James K. Adams and Arlene L. Adams Foundation has been monitoring and assessing the evolving impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic and has currently decided on the following changes to its 2020-2021 student application process:
1. The Foundation will continue to accept student applications for the 2020-2021 academic year, despite the turbulent situation that has developed for academic institutions and programs of study.
2. The deadline for applications and mail-in documents is now extended to April 30, 2020. This deadline will be reevaluated for a potential further extension as the new deadline date approaches.
3. The Foundation recognizes the fluidity of the national and global situation. In light of this, and in order to mitigate a small amount of uncertainty, students are encouraged to complete applications in full at the earliest practicable date in advance of the revised April 30 deadline. Similarly, students are encouraged not to rely upon further extensions.
4. Recommendation letters from educators and guidance counselors may now be transmitted by email when they are emailed from an educational institution's official email system. The email should be directed to Trustees [at] Adams.Foundation.
5. Other recommendation letters and mail-in documents should still be forwarded to the Foundation by US mail.
6. There may be some delays in processing of mail inbound to the Foundation. Please allow extra time for mailpieces to be processed.
7. Revised procedures for conducting applicant interviews are being evaluated and further details will be communicated to applicants as needed.
8. Student applicants are encouraged to check this page for any further updates.
9. In order to receive email announcements, applicants should add "trustees" and "website" mailboxes (both from the Adams.Foundation domain) to their own email contact lists, and should periodically check their email system spam folders to avoid any missed but important email communications.